Wednesday 13 November 2013

A chilly afternoon



The forecast for today was sunny and clear, so in the afternoon I headed over to Warnham. I was hoping to see the woodpeckers and settled down for an hour or two in the woodland hide. It wasn't long before a couple of woodpeckers came in to feed at the tree stump which has had holes drilled in it, which are filled up daily with a fat food mix for the birds. After having had their fill they then flew up into the trees before flying off.




 I then moved on to the kingfisher hifde. The lake was very still today with just a few ducks and a grebe. The kingfishers did put in a few appearances, but only to dart passed, the only thing visible, the flash of blue as they flew by, so I headed to the tern hide where I was treated to a visit by a heron.




By now, the sun was setting and the temperature was steadily dropping.... so by this time, very cold, I headed home. A lovely afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment