Thursday 7 November 2013

A beautiful late autumn day

                                          The view out of  Tern Hide.


As I seem to be going here regularly, I thought it I might as well give the Warnham Nature Reserve  a page in it's own right. Another lovely afternoon was spent there today with the hope of seeing a Woodpecker and a Kingfisher. I wasn't disappointed and was thrilled with photos I managed to get of the Woodpecker.




It's easy to forget that the reserve isn't just about birds, and you can never tell what you'll be treated to. As I was mulling life, the Universe and everything, I saw something across the lake out of the corner of my eye... I trained my camera on the spot and watched as a fox stalked a heron...... which got away!

                                                          Fox stalking a heron...


                                                 The heron's not daft and flies off!


Even the Kingfisher put in a few appearances, but unfortunately, he tends to stay on the furthest post, so he's more of a splodge of colour in the middle of the picture!

                                                       Colourful splodge with a fish!


                                            Colourful splodge flying off!


A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment